Are you ready to jazz up your room’s window coverings with something unique?
Hunter Douglas is on the cusp with their latest spring look, Designer Banded Shades. These shades are crafted by combining alternating sheer and solid bands in a single shade. Since they are not manufactured, the woven style means that no two shade designs will look the same.
Now, how do banded shades work?
Banded shades are made by looping a piece of fabric, which can range from sheer to opaque, over a set of blinds and connecting them at the bottom. This allows for light diffusion, so you can control how much light actually enters a room. Tip: banded shades are ideal for rooms that have varying amounts of light coming through the windows during the day.
ONE SHADE, LAYERS OF LIGHT
Shift the solid bands to overlap, and you ensure privacy. Align the solid bands, and you get natural, diffused light.
With each adjustment, you create your precise level of sun and privacy. And, of course, the shades completely raise or lower via your choice of innovative operating system. More on that below.
Turn your windows into works of art with a variety of design options. Choose from:
• Bold fabric colors
• Three different band heights
• Two different geometric styles
AVAILABLE OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR DESIGNER BANDED SHADES
Technology in the window fashions industry has transformed the homeowner’s experience. As with most other window coverings and window treatments, there are different operating systems available for you to choose from. The UltraGlide® operating system features a retractable wand to raise and lower your window treatments, which means there are never any long, dangling cords to detract from the appearance of the shade and it promotes child safety.
A continuous loop works on the principle of a pulley, rotating a clutch to open or close the shade. If you have more questions about your current window shades operating system or want to learn more about these systems, just let us know during your consultation and we will be able to provide you with more information.
AVAILABLE SPECIALTY SHAPES
Don’t fret, if you have specialty shaped windows, designer banded shades are still an available style for your home. We are often asked about the following types of specialty shaped windows and can offer solutions for them upon request.
- Bay and Corner Windows – Window treatments for bay windows, corner windows and bow windows are usually standard rectangular window-treatment installations. Panels are independent of one another.
- Patio and Sliding-Glass Doors – Virtually any Hunter Douglas window treatment can be outfitted for a traditional patio or sliding-glass door, but some are better suited to these and other large expanses of windows simply because they traverse horizontally.
- French Doors – Window treatments for French doors are typically mounted outside of the opening (beyond the window frame), may require extension brackets or spacer blocks for proper clearance, and typically require a ‘cut-out’ to clear the French door handle or knob.